Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I am ME!


My friend Jen sent me a link to the Josie Maran Cosmetics blog. Josie Maran is a model and mom who developed an entire make-up line that is eco-friendly (made with the best ingredients) and sold in biodegradable packaging.

I love her products! They look and feel great. Her smooth eye shadows, non-sticky lip gloss and Bear Naked make-up remover wipes are my favorites.

I had no idea she had a blog so when Jen sent me the link, I immediately navigated over to it.
It’s a great blog full of make-up and health tips, activism, and even contests!

But there was one thing that really moved me and got me thinking. It is their “I Am” Revolution. Send in your picture with your “I am” sign and a little description about what “you are” and they will post it on their blog.

So I thought, “I am…what?”

I am aware. I am accepting of myself. I am at peace. I am happy. I am healthy. I am secure. I am where I should be right now. I am hard-working. I am pretty. I am in love. I am silly. I am in the moment. I am a writer. I am green. I am an actor. I am thankful.

Which one most reflected what I am right now...in this moment. And the one that kept coming back was I am accepting of myself.

This is a new thing for me as I am also someone who really does care what people think of me. I am not at the weight that I would like to be at. I am clumsy. I am critical of myself. I am a people-pleaser.

All these things are hard to admit.

But a few weeks ago, I saw my friend Marc. He had moved and we hadn’t seen each other in a few years. He always inspires me and this time was no different. Something in our conversation sparked me and I seemed to let go a little of my insecurities and accept that this is who I am. I am a work in progress. I’m still clumsy and will always be sensitive but I’m me and there’s only one of me.

So on Josie’s wall, I will post that “I am me!” And as “me,” I will continue to be green and do what I can to help make a difference in the world. I will act and be proud of my work. I will write and love my words. I will be kind and treat people the way I’d want to be treated. I will be present in my life. I will be silly. I will work hard to get to where I want to be. I will love.

And I will do so wearing Josie Maran Cosmetics!

1 comment: