Thursday, June 30, 2011

Greendependence Day




America is celebrating her 235th birthday this year!  I don’t know about you, but I want to do everything I can to keep our country and our planet beautiful!  So this July, I pledge to celebrate this monumental birthday by doing the following:


1.  While searching for seashells at the beach, I’m also going to pick up some trash.

2.  When I go to a picnic, I’m going to bring something everyone will love – and less of it - so that no food will go to waste.  I will bring it in a reusable container and will use as many organic and local foods as possible.  Of course I’ll carry it over in a reusable bag!

3.  Wherever I go, I’m going to make sure that I recycle everything I possibly can.

4.  It’s important in this hot weather to stay hydrated so I’m going to carry my reusable bottle everywhere I go.

5.  I will stay away from disposable plates and utensils.


Let's Keep America Beautiful during her 235th Birthday month and have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!

2 comments:

Brutalism said...

I will pledge my allegiance to a green holiday!

The Green, The Bad and The Ugly said...

Excellent comment! I'm bummed I didn't think of that!!